Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Bike Poll Results


I want to thank all the Tiddlerosis fans who responded to the poll asking the brand of your first motorcycle or scooter. The results, as expected, were heavily skewed toward Honda, with Bridgestone and Other receiving no votes. I could have taken this opportunity to display a photo of any one of several appropriate machines. My own first scooter was a 1957 Allstate Cruisaire. The first bike I rode on, and later learned to drive on, was a 1960 H-D Super 10. My first real motorcycle was a 1963 Yamaha Rotary Jet 80. Any of these would have made an appropriate accompaniment to this post, but I selected this very rare Honda tiddler instead. This is a 1968 CM-91 step-thru Honda 90 with the dealer installed Sport Kit. I personally owned a black '66 C-100 that I modified in a similar manner, but this one pictured was actually sold by Honda as one of four styling choices. All four Sport Kit designs included higher, chrome handlebars and a different seat and tank combo. I believe all the seat options were black and all the tanks were white, and I'm pretty sure that all the tanks were fiberglass. I cannot recall the exact years the Sport Kit option was offered on Cub 50's and 90's, but I think it was 1967-8, and it could have been 1968 only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive